Sun Bathing vs. Faux Tanning…
The days of baby oil are over! Experts say that lengthy exposure to Ultra Violet rays can be extremely harmful or detrimental to your health. Not only can it cause pre-mature aging, it can also cause the development of skin cancer. A perfect sunless glow can be easily achieved with the right tools. Get bronzed, the smart way.
How-to: Flawless ‘faux’ tan?
1. First you have to decide if you want to go for the gold and use an instant bronzer. These are great for the girls that already have a base tan & just want to get a little glow. For the fair skinned ladies, it’s best to use a gradual tanner. This will help you avoid the oopa-loompa orange look & give you control over your tan.
2. It’s important to prep your skin before applying a self-tanner. Using an exfoliator will schlep away any dead skin & open your pores for maximum penetration. This will also allow for an even application.
3. Before you start, it is recommended to use a barrier cream or lotion around the feet, in-between toes, palms of the hand & finger nails. If you have dryer skin on the elbows or knees, apply a small amount of lotion to avoid the self-tanner settling into any small crevasses.
4. Begin applying the instant bronzer in a circular motion, from the feet up. Be sure to apply even pressure when using a self-tanner. This will help you accomplish a streak free, even tan.
5. Moisturizing is the best way to get that glow to last. Try using a lotion with bronzing agents in it to help keep your color. You can also use body butter for extreme moisture.